A law office in Vegas has cemented a key hire for legal jobs in Vegas.
The Law Offices of Shimon & Smith are pleased to welcome Las Vegas Attorney Sandra S. Robertson to the firm.
Sandy received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Eastern Illinois University in June 1990, studied International Law at University College Dublin in 1993 and obtained her Juris Doctor from DePaul University in June 1994. Sandy’s professional affiliations include the State Bar of Nevada, U.S. District Court and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Former affiliations include the American Bar Association, the Clark County Bar Association, the National Association of Women Business Owners, the Defense Research Institute, the National Association of Women Lawyers and the National Association of Corporate Counsel.
Prior to joining the team of Shimon & Smith, Sandy served as President of Robertson & Robertson and also served as General Counsel for the Nevada Insurance Guaranty Association, a quasi-state, nonprofit organization. Sandy joins the Shimon & Smith team after taking several years at home to raise her children.
Sandy enjoys ballroom dancing, has traveled extensively around the world, loves reading and spending time with her children. In the past she has volunteered her time for adult literacy projects, and also for the Down Syndrome Organization of Southern Nevada.
Areas of Practice:
* Medical Malpractice Defense
* Professional Malpractice Defense
* Insurance Defense
* Plaintiff and Defense Employment Discrimination Claims
* Contract Disputes
* Premises and Products Liability
* Civil Defense Litigation
* Employment Law
* Personal Injury
* Health Law
* U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
* U.S. District Court
* State Bar of Nevada, 1994
* DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, June 1994 – Juris Doctor
* Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois, June 1990 – Bachelor of Arts – English
* Sandra S. Smagac & J. Bruce Alverson, Hedonic Damages – Methodology and Admissibility, 50 Fed’n Ins. & Corp. Couns. Q.257, 337 (2000).
* Sandra S. Smagac and J. Bruce Alverson, Hedonic Damages, Vol. 1, Ch. 8A, in Deutsch & Sawyer’s, A Guide to Rehabilitation, (Ahab Press, August 1998).
* Sandra Smagac, Nevada’s Medical-Legal Screening Panel, Nevada Law Review, Spring 1998, at 65.
* J. Bruce Alverson & Sandra S. Smagac, Brain Mapping: Should This Controversial Evidence Be Excluded? 48 Fed’n Ins. & Corp. Couns. Q. 131, 131 (1998).